1-What are two hardware requirements for computers that will be used to run multiple virtual machines? (Choose two.)
- large amounts of RAM
- a multicore CPU
- a high resolution video card
- a high speed wireless adapter
- multiple monitors
2-What three components should be included in a computer that is used to create TV commercials and music videos? (Choose three.)
- extra DIN-6 ports
- specialized video card
- extra PS/2 ports
- large and fast hard drives
- VGA adaptors
- specialized audio card
3-A user playing a game on a gaming PC with a standard EIDE 5400 RPM hard drive finds the performance unsatisfactory. Which hard drive upgrade would improve performance while providing more reliability and more energy efficiency?
- a 7200 RPM EIDE hard drive
- a 7200 RPM SATA hard drive
- a 10,000 RPM SATA hard drive
- an SSD
4-What are two factors that must be considered when choosing a computer case? (Choose two.)
- the size of the monitor
- the speed of the memory
- the number of internal drive locations
- the size of the motherboard and the power supply
- the number of LED indicators at the front of the case
5-A technician looks at a motherboard and sees a 24-pin connector. What component would connect to the motherboard through the use of this 24-pin connector?
- power supply
- video card
- PATA optical drive
- SATA drive
- floppy drive
6-What electrical unit refers to the number of electrons moving through a circuit per second?
7-What characteristic of electricity is expressed in watts?
- the amount of work required to move electrons through a circuit
- the resistance to the flow of current in a circuit
- the amount of electrons flowing through a circuit per second
- the work required to move electrons through a circuit multiplied by the number of electrons flowing through a circuit per second
8-Which type of memory is primarily used as cache memory?
9-Which component controls the communications and interactions between the CPU and other components on the motherboard?
10-Which two activities are normally controlled by the Northbridge part of the chipset? (Choose two.)
- communication between the CPU and the I/O ports
- access to the RAM
- communication between the CPU and the hard drive
- access to the video card
- communication between the CPU and the sound card
11-Which unit of measurement is used to indicate the hard drive speed?
- revolutions per minute
- pages per minute
- clusters per minute
12-Which type of interface was originally developed for high-definition televisions and is also popular to use with computers to connect audio and video devices?
13-Which two devices are considered input devices? (Choose two.)
- biometric authentication device
- digital camera
14-What is indicated by the contrast ratio of a monitor?
- the difference in the intensity of light between the brightest white and darkest black that can be displayed
- how often the picture image is refreshed
- the total number of pixels that make up the picture
- the ratio of the horizontal and vertical viewing areas of the monitor
15-What type of connector can be used to connect an internal hard drive to the motherboard?
16-Which two factors must be considered when replacing old RAM modules in a PC? (Choose two.)
- The new RAM must be compatible with BIOS or UEFI.
- The new RAM must be compatible with the motherboard.
- The speed of the new RAM must be supported by the chipset.
- The power supply must provide the voltage that is requred by the new RAM.
- The new RAM must match the old RAM in terms of capacity and speed.
17-Which term is used to define the wires on a motherboard that move data from one part of a computer to another?
- I/O card
18-When a new PC is being built, which component has the most influence when selecting the case and power supply?
- video card
- sound card
- RAM module
- hard disk type
19-What is the function of the power supply?
- to convert AC power into a lower voltage DC power
- to convert AC power into a higher voltage DC power
- to convert DC power into a lower voltage AC power
- to convert DC power into a higher voltage AC power
20-Which two considerations would be of the greatest importance when building a workstation that will run multiple virtual machines? (Choose two.)
- amount of RAM
- number of CPU cores
- water cooling
- powerful video card
- high-end sound card
21-Which memory technology allows two memory modules to be accessed at the same time?
- dual channel
22-Which security feature in modern CPUs protects memory areas that contain part of the operating system from malware attacks?
- execute disable bit
23-Refer to the exhibit. Which type of adapter is shown?
- network interface
24-Drag the description on left to its RAID level on the right.
25-Match the ports or cables with their descriptions. (Not all options are used.)