CCNA1 v5 + v5.02 Chapter 7 Exam Answers
1. A host device needs to send a large video file across the network while providing data communication to other users. Which feature will allow different communication streams to occur at the same time, without having a single data stream using all available bandwidth?
- port numbers
- window size
2. What is a socket?
- the combination of the source and destination IP address and source and destination Ethernet address
- the combination of the source and destination sequence and acknowledgment numbers
- the combination of the source and destination sequence numbers and port numbers
- the combination of a source IP address and port number or a destination IP address and port number
3. Which scenario describes a function provided by the transport layer?
- A student is using a classroom VoIP phone to call home. The unique identifier burned into the phone is a transport layer address used to contact another network device on the same network.
- A student has two web browser windows open in order to access two web sites. The transport layer ensures the correct web page is delivered to the correct browser window.
- A student is playing a short web-based movie with sound. The movie and sound are encoded within the transport layer header.
- A corporate worker is accessing a web server located on a corporate network. The transport layer formats the screen so the web page appears properly no matter what device is being used to view the web site.
4. A host device sends a data packet to a web server via the HTTP protocol. What is used by the transport layer to pass the data stream to the proper application on the server?
- destination port number
- sequence number
- source port number
5. What is a beneficial feature of the UDP transport protocol?
- tracking of data segments using sequence numbers
- acknowledgment of received data
- fewer delays in transmission
- the ability to retransmit lost data
6. What does a client application select for a TCP or UDP source port number?
- a predefined value in the range of the registered ports
- a random value in the well-known port range
- a predefined value in the well-known port range
- a random value in the range of the registered ports
7. Which transport layer feature is used to guarantee session establishment?
- UDP ACK flag
- TCP 3-way handshake
- UDP sequence number
- TCP port number
8. Compared to UDP, what factor causes additional network overhead for TCP communication?
- the checksum error detection
- network traffic that is caused by retransmissions
- the encapsulation into IP packets
- the identification of applications based on destination port numbers
9. What is the complete range of TCP and UDP well-known ports?
- 0 to 255
- 0 to 1023
- 256 – 1023
- 1024 – 49151
10. Which factor determines TCP window size?
- the number of services included in the TCP segment
- the amount of data to be transmitted
- the amount of data the destination can process at one time
- the amount of data the source is capable of sending at one time
11. During a TCP session, a destination device sends an acknowledgment number to the source device. What does the acknowledgment number represent?
- the next byte that the destination expects to receive
- the total number of bytes that have been received
- the last sequence number that was sent by the source
- one number more than the sequence number
12. Which two flags in the TCP header are used in a TCP three-way handshake to establish connectivity between two network devices? (Choose two.)
13. A PC is downloading a large file from a server. The TCP window is 1000 bytes. The server is sending the file using 100-byte segments. How many segments will the server send before it requires an acknowledgment from the PC?
- 1 segment
- 10 segments
- 100 segments
- 1000 segments
14. A technician wishes to use TFTP to transfer a large file from a file server to a remote router. Which statement is correct about this scenario?
- The file is segmented and then reassembled in the correct order at the destination, if necessary, by the upper-layer protocol.
- The file is not segmented, because UDP is the transport layer protocol that is used by TFTP.
- The file is segmented and then reassembled in the correct order by TCP.
- Large files must be sent by FTP not TFTP.
15. Which two TCP header fields are used to confirm receipt of data?
- SYN flag
- FIN flag
- acknowledgment number
- sequence number
16. What does a client do when it has UDP datagrams to send?
- It queries the server to see if it is ready to receive data.
- It just sends the datagrams.
- It sends a simplified three-way handshake to the server.
- It sends to the server a segment with the SYN flag set to synchronize the conversation.
17. What happens if the first packet of a TFTP transfer is lost?
- The client will wait indefinitely for the reply.
- The next-hop router or the default gateway will provide a reply with an error code.
- The transport layer will retry the query if a reply is not received.
- The TFTP application will retry the request if a reply is not received.
18. Fill in the blank using a number.
A total of 4 messages are exchanged during the TCP session termination process between the client and the server.
19. Fill in the blank.
During a TCP session, the SYN flag is used by the client to request communication with the server.
20. Refer to the exhibit. Consider a datagram that originates on the PC and that is destined for the web server. Match the IP addresses and port numbers that are in that datagram to the description. (Not all options are used.)