CCNA1 v5 + v5.02 Chapter 2 Exam Answers
1- A router has a valid operating system and a configuration stored in NVRAM. When the router boots up, which mode will display?
- global configuration mode
- setup mode
- user EXEC mode*
- ROM monitor mode
2- What command can be used on a Windows PC to see the IP configuration of that computer?
- show interfaces
- show ip interface brief
3- Which two features are characteristics of flash memory? (Choose two.)
- Flash provides nonvolatile storage.
- Flash receives a copy of the IOS from RAM when a device is powered on.
- The contents of flash may be lost during a power cycle.
- Flash is a component in Cisco switches but not in Cisco routers.
- The contents of flash may be overwritten.
4- A network administrator is planning an IOS upgrade on several of the head office routers and switches. Which three questions must be answered before continuing with the IOS selection and upgrade? (Choose three).
- Do the devices have enough NVRAM to store the IOS image?
- Are the devices on the same LAN?
- What models of routers and switches require upgrades?*
- Do the routers and switches have enough RAM and flash memory for the proposed IOS versions?*
- What features are required for the devices?*
- What ports are installed on the routers and switches?
5- Which statement is true about the running configuration file in a Cisco IOS device?
- It is stored in NVRAM.
- It should be deleted using the erase running-config command.
- It affects the operation of the device immediately when modified.*
- It is automatically saved when the router reboots.
6- A network administrator needs to keep the user ID, password, and session contents private when establishing remote CLI connectivity with a switch to manage it. Which access method should be chosen?
7- Which two characters are allowed as part of the hostname of a Cisco device? (Choose two.)
- question mark
8- Which two functions are provided to users by the context-sensitive help feature of the Cisco IOS CLI? (Choose two.)
- determining which option, keyword, or argument is available for the entered command*
- providing an error message when a wrong command is submitted
- displaying a list of all available commands within the current mode*
- selecting the best command to accomplish a task
- allowing the user to complete the remainder of an abbreviated command with the TAB key
9- What criterion must be followed in the design of an IPv4 addressing scheme for end devices?
- Each IP address must match the address that is assigned to the host by DNS.
- Each IP address needs to be compatible with the MAC address.
- Each local host should be assigned an IP address with a unique network component.
- Each IP address must be unique within the local network.*
10- Passwords can be used to restrict access to all or parts of the Cisco IOS. Select the modes and interfaces that can be protected with passwords. (Choose three.)
- VTY interface
- console interface
- boot IOS mode
- Ethernet interface
- router configuration mode
- privileged EXEC mode
11- A new network administrator has been asked to enter a banner message on a Cisco device. What is the fastest way a network administrator could test whether the banner is properly configured?
- Exit privileged EXEC mode and press Enter.*
- Reboot the device.
- Enter CTRL-Z at the privileged mode prompt.
- Exit global configuration mode.
- Power cycle the device.
12- Which interface allows remote management of a Layer 2 switch?
- the console port interface
- the AUX interface
- the switch virtual interface
- the first Ethernet port interface
13- What is a result of using the service password-encryption command on a Cisco network device?
- All passwords in the configuration are not shown in clear text when viewing the configuration.*
- The command encrypts the banner message.
- The command encrypts the enable mode password.
- A network administrator who later logs into the device will be required to enter an administrator password in order to gain access to the Cisco device.
14- While trying to solve a network issue, a technician made multiple changes to the current router configuration file. The changes did not solve the problem and were not saved. What action can the technician take to discard the changes and work with the file in NVRAM?
- Delete the vlan.dat file and reboot the device.
- Close and reopen the terminal emulation software.
- Issue the reload command without saving the running configuration.*
- Issue the copy startup-config running-config command.
15- Why would a Layer 2 switch need an IP address?
- to enable the switch to send broadcast frames to attached PCs
- to enable the switch to be managed remotely*
- to enable the switch to function as a default gateway
- to enable the switch to receive frames from attached PCs
16- Why is it important to configure a hostname on a device?
- a Cisco router or switch only begins to operate when its hostname is set
- a hostname must be configured before any other parameters
- to allow local access to the device through the console port
- to identify the device during remote access (SSH or telnet)*
17- What benefit does DHCP provide to a network?
- Hosts always have the same IP address and are therefore always reachable.
- Hosts can connect to the network and get an IP address without manual configuration.*
- Duplicate addresses cannot occur on a network that issues dynamic addresses using DHCP and has static assignments.
- DHCP allows users to refer to locations by a name rather than an IP address.
18- Which procedure is used to access a Cisco 2960 switch when performing an initial configuration in a secure environment?
- Use the console port* to locally access the switch from a serial or USB interface of the PC.*
- Use Telnet to remotely access the switch through the network.
- Use Secure Shell to remotely access the switch through the network.
- Use the AUX port to locally access the switch from a serial or USB interface of the PC.
19- What is a user trying to determine when issuing a ping 10.1.1.1 command on a PC?
- if the TCP/IP stack is functioning on the PC without putting traffic on the wire
- the path that traffic will take to reach the destination
- what type of device is at the destination
- if there is connectivity with the destination device*
20- Match the description to the common IOS CLI access method. (Not all options are used.)
21- Match the definitions to their respective CLI hot keys and shortcuts.
- It displays startup, debugging, and error messages by default.
- It can be used to restore an out-of-box configuration on a switch or router.
- It allows access throught use of Telnet or SSH protocols.
- It requires an active network connection.
- It connects throught dialup connections
- It is not supported on Catalyst switch devices