CCNA1 v5 + v5.02 Chapter 11 Exam Answers 2018
1. Which two actions can be taken to prevent a successful attack on an email server account? (Choose two.)
- Never use passwords that need the Shift key.
- Never allow physical access to the server console.
- Never send the password through the network in a clear text.
- Only permit authorized access to the server room.
- Limit the number of unsuccessful attempts to log in to the server.
2. Which protocol supports rapid delivery of streaming media?
3. Which network design consideration would be more important to a large corporation than to a small business?
- Internet router
- low port density switch
4. A network administrator checks the security log and notices there was unauthorized access to an internal file server over the weekend. Upon further investigation of the file system log, the administrator notices several important documents were copied to a host located outside of the company. What kind of threat is represented in this scenario?
- information theft
- identity theft
- data loss
- disruption of service
5. How should traffic flow be captured in order to best understand traffic patterns in a network?
- during low utilization times
- during peak utilization times
- when it is from a subset of users
- when it is on the main network segment only
6. Which type of network attack involves the disabling or corruption of networks, systems, or services?
- reconnaissance attacks
- denial of service attacks
- access attacks
- malicious code attacks
7. What is a security feature of using NAT on a network?
- allows internal IP addresses to be concealed from external users
- allows external IP addresses to be concealed from internal users
- denies all internal hosts from communicating outside their own network
- denies all packets that originate from private IP addresses
8. A network administrator has determined that various computers on the network are infected with a worm. Which sequence of steps should be followed to mitigate the worm attack?
- treatment, quarantine, inoculation, and containment
- inoculation, containment, quarantine, and treatment
- containment, quarantine, treatment, and inoculation
- containment, inoculation, quarantine, and treatment
9. Refer to the exhibit. Baseline documentation for a small company had ping round trip time statistics of 36/97/132 between hosts H1 and H3. Today the network administrator checked connectivity by pinging between hosts H1 and H3 that resulted in a round trip time of 1458/2390/6066. What does this indicate to the network administrator?
- Connectivity between H1 and H3 is fine.
- Something is causing a time delay between the networks.
- Something is causing interference between H1 and R1.
- Performance between the networks is within expected parameters.
- H3 is not connected properly to the network.
10. Refer to the exhibit. An administrator is trying to troubleshoot connectivity between PC1 and PC2 and uses the tracert command from PC1 to do it. Based on the displayed output, where should the administrator begin troubleshooting?
11. When should an administrator establish a network baseline?
- when there is a sudden drop in traffic
- at the lowest point of traffic in the network
- when the traffic is at peak in the network
- at regular intervals over a period of time
12. A ping fails when performed from router R1 to directly connected router R2. The network administrator then proceeds to issue the show cdp neighbors command. Why would the network administrator issue this command if the ping failed between the two routers?
- The network administrator wants to verify the IP address configured on router R2.
- The network administrator wants to verify Layer 2 connectivity.
- The network administrator suspects a virus because the ping command did not work.
- The network administrator wants to determine if connectivity can be established from a non-directly connected network.
13. Which statement is true about CDP on a Cisco device??
- CDP can be disabled globally or on a specific interface.
- The show cdp neighbor detail command will reveal the IP address of a neighbor only if there is Layer 3 connectivity.
- To disable CDP globally, the no cdp enable command in interface configuration mode must be used.
- Because it runs at the data link layer?, the CDP protocol can only be implemented in switches.
14. If a configuration file is saved to a USB flash drive attached to a router, what must be done by the network administrator before the file can be used on the router?
- Edit the configuration file with a text editor.
- Convert the file system from FAT32 to FAT16.
- Use the dir command from the router to remove the Windows automatic alphabetization of the files on the flash drive.
- Change the permission on the file from ro to rw.
15. What is the purpose of issuing the commands cd nvram: then dir at the privilege exec mode of a router?
- to clear the content of the NVRAM
- to direct all new files to the NVRAM
- to list the content of the NVRAM
- to copy the directories from the NVRAM
16. Which command will backup the configuration that is stored in NVRAM to a TFTP server?
- copy running-config tftp
- copy startup-config tftp
- copy tftp running-config
- copy tftp startup-config
17. What do WLANs that conform to IEEE 802.11 standards allow wireless users to do?
- use wireless mice and keyboards
- create a one-to-many local network using infrared technology
- use cell phones to access remote services over very large areas
- connect wireless hosts to hosts or services on a wired Ethernet network
18. Which WLAN security protocol generates a new dynamic key each time a client establishes a connection with the AP?
19. Which two statements about a service set identifier (SSID) are true? (Choose two.)
- consists of a 32-character string and is not case sensitive
- responsible for determining the signal strength
- used to encrypt data sent across the wireless network
- tells a wireless device to which WLAN it belongs
- all wireless devices on the same WLAN must have the same SSID
20. Which two statements characterize wireless network security? (Choose two.)
- Wireless networks offer the same security features as wired networks.
- Some RF channels provide automatic encryption of wireless data.
- With SSID broadcast disabled, an attacker must know the SSID to connect.
- Using the default IP address on an access point makes hacking easier.
- An attacker needs physical access to at least one network device to launch an attack.
21. Open the PT Activity. Perform the tasks in the activity instructions and then answer the question.
How long will a user be blocked if the user exceeds the maximum allowed number of unsuccessful login attempts?
- 1 minute
- 2 minutes
- 3 minutes
- 4 minutes
22. Fill in the blank.
VoIP defines the protocols and technologies that implement the transmission of voice data over an IP network.
23. Fill in the blank. Do not use abbreviations.
The show version command that is issued on a router is used to verify the value of the software configuration register.
24. Fill in the blank. Do not use abbreviations.
The show file systems command provides information about the amount of free nvram and flash memory with the permissions for reading or writing data.