CCNA1 v5 + v5.02 Chapter 10 Exam Answers 2018
1. Select three protocols that operate at the Application Layer of the OSI model. (Choose three.)
2. Which three layers of the OSI model provide similar network services to those provided by the application layer of the TCP/IP model? (Choose three.)
- application layer
- physical layer
- transport layer
- session layer
- presentation layer
- data link layer
3. Which two tasks are functions of the presentation layer? (Choose two.)
- session control
4. A manufacturing company subscribes to certain hosted services from their ISP. The services required include hosted world wide web, file transfer, and e-mail. Which protocols represent these three key applications? (Choose three.)
5. What are two characteristics of peer-to-peer networks? (Choose two.)
- one way data flow
- decentralized resources
- centralized user accounts
- resource sharing without a dedicated server
6. What is an advantage for small organizations of adopting IMAP instead of POP?
- IMAP keeps them for a long time.
- When the user connects to a POP server, copies of the messages are kept in the mail server for a short time
- IMAP sends and retrieves email, but POP only retrieves email.
- Messages are kept in the mail servers until the client manually deletes them.
- POP only allows the client to store messages in a centralized way, while IMAP allows distributed storage.
7. What is an example of network communication that uses the client-server model?
- A workstation initiates a DNS request when the user types www.cisco.com in the address bar of a web browser.
- A user uses eMule to download a file that is shared by a friend after the file location is determined.
- A workstation initiates an ARP to find the MAC address of a receiving host.
- A user prints a document by using a printer that is attached to a workstation of a coworker.
8. Which two actions are taken by SMTP if the destination email server is busy when email messages are sent? (Choose two.)
- SMTP tries to send the messages at a later time.
- SMTP sends an error message back to the sender and closes the connection.
- SMTP periodically checks the queue for messages and attempts to send them again.
- SMTP will discard the message if it is still not delivered after a predetermined expiration time.
- SMTP sends the messages to another mail server for delivery.
9. Which application layer protocol uses message types such as GET, PUT, and POST?
10. A user accessed the game site www.nogamename.com last week. The night before the user accesses the game site again, the site administrator changes the site IP address. What will be the consequence of that action for the user?
- The user will access the site without problems.
- The user will not be able to access the site.
- The user will have to modify the DNS server address on the local PC in order to access the site.
- The user will have to issue a ping to this new IP address to be sure that the domain name remained the same.
11. A DHCP-enabled client PC has just booted. During which two steps will the client PC use broadcast messages when communicating with a DHCP server? (Choose two.)
12. Which DNS server in the DNS hierarchy would be considered authoritative for the domain name records of a company named netacad?
13. Which three statements describe a DHCP Discover message? (Choose three.)
- The message comes from a server offering an IP address.
- The source MAC address is 48 ones (FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF).
- The message comes from a client seeking an IP address.
- The destination IP address is 255.255.255.255.
- All hosts receive the message, but only a DHCP server replies.
- Only the DHCP server receives the message.
14. What is true about the Server Message Block protocol?
- SMB messages cannot authenticate a session.
- Different SMB message types have a different format.
- Clients establish a long term connection to servers.
- SMB uses the FTP protocol for communication.
15. Which phrase describes an FTP daemon?
- an application that is used to request data from an FTP server
- a diagnostic FTP program
- a program that is running on an FTP client
- a program that is running on an FTP server
16. When would it be more efficient to use SMB to transfer files instead of FTP?
- when downloading large numbers of files from the same server
- when a peer-to-peer application is required
- when the host devices on the network use the Windows operating system
- when downloading large files with a variety of formats from different servers
- when uploading the same file to multiple remote servers
17. Open the PT Activity. Perform the tasks in the activity instructions and then answer the question.
Which PC or PCs are sending FTP packets to the server?
- PC_1 and PC_3
18. Fill in the blank.
What is the acronym for the protocol that is used when securely communicating with a web server? HTTPS
19. Fill in the blank.
20. Refer to the exhibit. What command was used to resolve a given host name by querying the name servers? NSLOOKUP
21. Match the DNS record type to the corresponding description. (Not all options are used.)