CCNA 4 v5.02 Chapter 6 Exam Answers 2018
1.What are two characteristics of a PPPoE configuration on a Cisco customer router? (Choose two.)
- The PPP configuration is on the dialer interface.
- An MTU size of 1492 bytes is configured on the Ethernet interface.
- The Ethernet interface does not have an IP address.
- The customer router CHAP username and password are independent of what is configured on the ISP router.
- The dialer pool command is applied to the Ethernet interface to link it to the dialer interface.
2.Why is the MTU for a PPPoE DSL configuration reduced from 1500 bytes to 1492?
- to enable CHAP authentication
- to reduce congestion on the DSL link
- to accommodate the PPPoE headers
- to establish a secure tunnel with less overhead
3.Fill in the blank. Use only an acronym.
PPPoE creates a PPP tunnel through the DSL connection for the purpose of sending PPP frames.
4.Match each type of broadband wireless technology with the correct description. (Not all options are used.)
5.What are two disadvantages of employing teleworkers in an organization? (Choose two.)
- increased usage of sick or vacation days
- increased difficulty of tracking task progress
- slower customer service response times
- the need to implement a new management style
- increase in office expenses
6.Fill in the blank.
DOCSIS specifies the MAC sub-layer as a Layer 2 requirement that defines either a deterministic access method, TDMA, or S-CDMA.
7.Which broadband technology would be best for a user that needs remote access when traveling in mountains and at sea?
- Wi-Fi Mesh
- mobile broadband
8.Which type of long distance telecommunication technology provides point-to-point connections and cellular access?
- municipal Wi-Fi
- mobile broadband
9.A company is looking for the least expensive broadband solution that provides at least 10 Mb/s download speed. The company is located 5 miles from the nearest provider. Which broadband solution would be appropriate?
10.Which broadband wireless technology is based on the 802.11 standard?
- municipal Wi-Fi
11.Which DSL technology provides higher downstream bandwidth to the user than upstream bandwidth?
12.How is voice traffic affected when the customer uses ADSL technology?
- No special equipment is needed to separate voice and data signals.
- Voice traffic is interrupted if the ADSL service fails.
- ADSL signals can distort voice transmissions.
- Voice signals are on a separate wire pair from ADSL signals.
13.Which medium is used for delivering data via DSL technology through PSTN?
- radio frequency
14.What functionality is required on routers to provide remote workers with VoIP and videoconferencing capabilities?
15.Which networking technology will ensure reliable and secure remote access when a teleworker connects to a corporate network?
- an encrypted VPN tunnel
- routers with QoS capability
- a VoIP and videoconferencing capable connection
- broadband (cable or DSL) access to the corporate network
16.In which layer of the TCP/IP protocol model does IPsec apply security to network data?
- network access
17.Which two network components does a teleworker require to connect remotely and securely from home to the corporate network? (Choose two.)
- VPN client software or VPN-enabled router
- multifunction security appliance
- broadband Internet connection
- VPN server or concentrator
- authentication server
18.What advantage does DSL have compared to cable technology?
- DSL upload and download speeds are always the same.
- DSL is faster.
- DSL has no distance limitations.
- DSL is not a shared medium.
19.Which technology provides a secure connection between a SOHO and the headquarters office?
20.Which standard specifies the channel frequencies and the deterministic access method of cable networks?
21.What are two Layer 2 WAN technologies that can provide secure remote connections between corporate branch offices? (Choose two.)
- Frame Relay
- leased lines
22.Which cable network communication technology is secure, extremely resistant to noise, and employs spread-spectrum technology?
23.Which two OSI Layer 1 specifications does DOCSIS define for a cable Internet connection? (Choose two.)
- a deterministic media access method
- channel bandwidth
- modulation technique
- VPN tunneling requirements
- the separation of the voice and data transmissions