CCNA 2 v6.0 Chapter 6 Exam Answer 2017
1. Refer to the exhibit. Which default static route command would allow R1 to potentially reach all unknown networks on the Internet?
- R1(config)# ipv6 route 2001:db8:32::/64 G0/0
- R1(config)# ipv6 route ::/0 G0/0 fe80::2
- R1(config)# ipv6 route ::/0 G0/1 fe80::2
- R1(config)# ipv6 route 2001:db8:32::/64 G0/1 fe80::2
2. What does VLSM allow a network administrator to do?
- utilize one subnet mask throughout a hierarchical network
- utilize multiple routing protocols within an autonomous system
- utilize one dynamic routing protocol throughout the entire network
- utilize multiple different subnet masks in the same IP address space
- utilize one public IP address to translate multiple private addresses
3. What would be the first step in calculating a summarized route for 5 networks?
- Starting from the far right, determine the octet in which all the numbers are the same.
- Determine the network with the lowest number.
- Write all network numbers in binary.
- Write all subnet masks in binary.
4. Which two statements describe classful IP addresses? (Choose two.)
- It is possible to determine which class an address belongs to by reading the first bit.
- The number of bits used to identify the hosts is fixed by the class of the network.
- Only Class A addresses can be represented by high-order bits 100.
- Up to 24 bits can make up the host portion of a Class C address.
- All subnets in a network are the same size.
- Three of the five classes of addresses are reserved for multicasts and experimental use.
5. What is a valid summary route for IPv6 networks 2001:0DB8:ACAD:4::/64, 2001:0DB8:ACAD:5::/64, 2001:0DB8:ACAD:6::/64, and 2001:0DB8:ACAD:7::/64?
6. Refer to the graphic. Which command would be used on router A to configure a static route to direct traffic from LAN A that is destined for LAN C?
- A(config)# ip route 192.168.4.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.5.2
- A(config)# ip route 192.168.4.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.3.2
- A(config)# ip route 192.168.5.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.3.2
- A(config)# ip route 192.168.3.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.3.1
- A(config)# ip route 192.168.3.2 255.255.255.0 192.168.4.0
7. What is the correct syntax of a floating static route?
- ip route 220.127.116.11 255.255.255.248 serial 0/0/0
- ip route 18.104.22.168 255.255.255.248 10.0.0.1 120
- ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 serial 0/0/0
- ip route 172.16.0.0 255.248.0.0 10.0.0.1
8. Refer to the exhibit. What command would be used to configure a static route on R1 so that traffic from both LANs can reach the 2001:db8:1:4::/64 remote network?
- ipv6 route ::/0 serial0/0/0
- ipv6 route 2001:db8:1:4::/64 2001:db8:1:3::1
- ipv6 route 2001:db8:1:4::/64 2001:db8:1:3::2
- ipv6 route 2001:db8:1::/65 2001:db8:1:3::1
9. Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator needs to configure a default route on the Border router. Which command would the administrator use to configure a default route that will require the least amount of router processing when forwarding packets?
- Border(config)# ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 22.214.171.124
- Border(config)# ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 126.96.36.199
- Border(config)# ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 s0/0/1
- Border(config)# ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 s0/0/0
10. Refer to the exhibit. R1 receives a packet destined for the IP address 192.168.2.10. Out which interface will R1 forward the packet?
11. A company has several networks with the following IP address requirements:
IP phones – 50
PCs – 70
IP cameras – 10
wireless access points – 10
network printers – 10
network scanners – 2
Which block of addresses would be the minimum to accommodate all of these devices if each type of device was on its own network?
12. Which type of static route that is configured on a router uses only the exit interface?
- recursive static route
- directly connected static route
- fully specified static route
- default static route
13. What type of route allows a router to forward packets even though its routing table contains no specific route to the destination network?
- dynamic route
- default route
- destination route
- generic route
14. What are two advantages of static routing over dynamic routing? (Choose two.)
- Static routing is more secure because it does not advertise over the network.
- Static routing scales well with expanding networks.
- Static routing requires very little knowledge of the network for correct implementation.
- Static routing uses fewer router resources than dynamic routing.
- Static routing is relatively easy to configure for large networks.
15. Why would a floating static route be configured with an administrative distance that is higher than the administrative distance of a dynamic routing protocol that is running on the same router?
- to be used as a backup route
- to load-balance the traffic
- to act as a gateway of last resort
- to be the priority route in the routing table
16. The network administrator configures the router with the ip route 172.16.1.0 255.255.255.0 172.16.2.2 command. How will this route appear in the routing table?
- C 172.16.1.0 is directly connected, Serial0/0
- S 172.16.1.0 is directly connected, Serial0/0
- C 172.16.1.0 [1/0] via 172.16.2.2
- S 172.16.1.0 [1/0] via 172.16.2.2
17. What would be the best summary route for the following networks?
18. What two pieces of information are needed in a fully specified static route to eliminate recursive lookups? (Choose two.)
- the interface ID exit interface
- the interface ID of the next-hop neighbor
- the IP address of the next-hop neighbor
- the administrative distance for the destination network
- the IP address of the exit interface
19. Refer to the exhibit. What routing solution will allow both PC A and PC B to access the Internet with the minimum amount of router CPU and network bandwidth utilization?
- Configure a static route from R1 to Edge and a dynamic route from Edge to R1.
- Configure a static default route from R1 to Edge, a default route from Edge to the Internet, and a static route from Edge to R1.
- Configure a dynamic route from R1 to Edge and a static route from Edge to R1.
- Configure a dynamic routing protocol between R1 and Edge and advertise all routes.
20. Refer to the exhibit. The network engineer for the company that is shown wants to use the primary ISP connection for all external connectivity. The backup ISP connection is used only if the primary ISP connection fails. Which set of commands would accomplish this goal?
- ip route 188.8.131.52 255.255.255.252
ip route 184.108.40.206 255.255.255.252
- ip route 220.127.116.11 255.255.255.252
ip route 18.104.22.168 255.255.255.252 10
- ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 s0/0/0
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 s0/1/0
- ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 s0/0/0
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 s0/1/0 10
21. What happens to a static route entry in a routing table when the outgoing interface associated with that route goes into the down state?
- The static route is removed from the routing table.
- The router polls neighbors for a replacement route.
- The static route remains in the table because it was defined as static.
- The router automatically redirects the static route to use another interface.
22. Open the PT Activity. Perform the tasks in the activity instructions and then answer the question.
What IPv6 static route can be configured on router R1 to make a fully converged network?
- ipv6 route 2001:db8:10:12::/64 S0/0/1
- ipv6 route 2001:db8:10:12::/64 S0/0/0
- ipv6 route 2001:db8:10:12::/64 2001:db8:10:12::1
- ipv6 route 2001:db8:10:12::/64 2001:db8:32:77::1
23. Which three IOS troubleshooting commands can help to isolate problems with a static route? (Choose three.)
- show version
- show ip route
- show ip interface brief
- show arp
24. Refer to the exhibit. The small company shown uses static routing. Users on the R2 LAN have reported a problem with connectivity. What is the issue?
- R2 needs a static route to the R1 LANs.
- R1 and R2 must use a dynamic routing protocol.
- R1 needs a default route to R2.
- R1 needs a static route to the R2 LAN.
- R2 needs a static route to the Internet.
25. Consider the following command:
ip route 192.168.10.0 255.255.255.0 10.10.10.2 5
How would an administrator test this configuration?
- Delete the default gateway route on the router.
- Ping any valid address on the 192.168.10.0/24 network.
- Manually shut down the router interface used as a primary route.
- Ping from the 192.168.10.0 network to the 10.10.10.2 address.