CCNA 2 Chapter 1 v6.0 Exam Answers 2018
1. What is a definition of a two-tier LAN network design?
- access and core layers collapsed into one tier, and the distribution layer on a separate tier
- access and distribution layers collapsed into one tier, and the core layer on a separate tier
- distribution and core layers collapsed into one tier, and the access layer on a separate tier
- access, distribution, and core layers collapsed into one tier, with a separate backbone layer
2. Refer to the exhibit. How is a frame sent from PCA forwarded to PCC if the MAC address table on switch SW1 is empty?
- SW1 floods the frame on all ports on the switch, excluding the interconnected port to switch SW2 and the port through which the frame entered the switch.
- SW1 floods the frame on all ports on SW1, excluding the port through which the frame entered the switch.
- SW1 forwards the frame directly to SW2. SW2 floods the frame to all ports connected to SW2, excluding the port through which the frame entered the switch.
- SW1 drops the frame because it does not know the destination MAC address.
3. Refer to the exhibit. Fill in the blank.
How many collision domains are shown in the topology? 2
4. Match the functions to the corresponding layers. (Not all options are used.)
5. What are two reasons a network administrator would segment a network with a Layer 2 switch? (Choose two.)
- to create fewer collision domains
- to enhance user bandwidth
- to create more broadcast domains
- to eliminate virtual circuits
- to isolate traffic between segments
- to isolate ARP request messages from the rest of the network
6. What is a basic function of the Cisco Borderless Architecture distribution layer?
- acting as a backbone
- aggregating all the campus blocks
- aggregating Layer 3 routing boundaries
- providing access to end user devices
7. What two criteria are used by a Cisco LAN switch to decide how to forward Ethernet frames? (Choose two.)
- path cost
- egress port
- ingress port
- destination IP address
- destination MAC address
8. Which two previously independent technologies should a network administrator attempt to combine after choosing to upgrade to a converged network infrastructure? (Choose two.)
- user data traffic
- analog and VoIP phone traffic
- scanners and printers
- mobile cell phone traffic
- electrical system
9. What is the destination address in the header of a broadcast frame?
10. What are two advantages of modular switches over fixed-configuration switches? (Choose two.)
- lower cost per switch
- increased scalability
- lower forwarding rates
- need for fewer power outlets
- availability of multiple ports for bandwidth aggregation
11. What is one function of a Layer 2 switch?
- forwards data based on logical addressing
- duplicates the electrical signal of each frame to every port
- learns the port assigned to a host by examining the destination MAC address
- determines which interface is used to forward a frame based on the destination MAC address
12. Which statement describes the microsegmentation feature of a LAN switch?
- Frame collisions are forwarded.
- Each port forms a collision domain.
- The switch will not forward broadcast frames.
- All ports inside the switch form one collision domain.
13. Which network device can be used to eliminate collisions on an Ethernet network?
14. A network designer must provide a rationale to a customer for a design which will move an enterprise from a flat network topology to a hierarchical network topology. Which two features of the hierarchical design make it the better choice? (Choose two.)
- lower bandwidth requirements
- reduced cost for equipment and user training
- easier to provide redundant links to ensure higher availability
- less required equipment to provide the same performance levels
- simpler deployment for additional switch equipment
15. What is a collapsed core in a network design?
- a combination of the functionality of the access and distribution layers
- a combination of the functionality of the distribution and core layers
- a combination of the functionality of the access and core layers
- a combination of the functionality of the access, distribution, and core layers
16. Refer to the exhibit. How many broadcast domains are displayed?
17. Fill in the blank.
A converged network is one that uses the same infrastructure to carry voice, data, and video signals.
18. Refer to the exhibit. Consider that the main power has just been restored. PC3 issues a broadcast IPv4 DHCP request. To which port will SW1 forward this request?
CCNA2 Chapter 1 v5.03 004
- to Fa0/1 only
- to Fa0/1 and Fa0/2 only
- to Fa0/1, Fa0/2, and Fa0/3 only
- to Fa0/1, Fa0/2, Fa0/3, and Fa0/4
- to Fa0/1, Fa0/2, and Fa0/4 only
19. A local law firm is redesigning the company network so that all 20 employees can be connected to a LAN and to the Internet. The law firm would prefer a low cost and easy solution for the project. What type of switch should be selected?
- fixed configuration
- modular configuration
- stackable configuration
20. Which type of address does a switch use to build the MAC address table?
- destination IP address
- source IP address
- destination MAC address
- source MAC address